Monday, September 15, 2003

Because REAL Artists Don't Use Crayola!

I had a bad day. Actually, according to Christina, "Someone is having a case of 'The Mondays.'"

First off, in 2D, I felt like my artistic skills were insulted. Okay, maybe they weren't, but I sure as hell was hurt. Apparently, my teacher doesn't like Crayola color pencils. Her reason was that they don't mark the paper at all, they don't blend at all, and all they do is scratch the paper. In all my years of using the brand, I have never had that problem! She also said that my brushes wouldn't cut it for the painting we will do later this week because they are all for oil and not for acrylic. She then took it back saying that they could work simply because I don't have the receit to return them. I should save them for when I start Painting 1.

I'm starting to hate her class.

During the break in between my classes, the damn coke machine ate my money and didn't give me a Mellow Yellow. That's the first time that has happened to me since I was at Overton. I kicked the machine as I walked away from it thinking it would make me feel better. It did, but that didn't settle my hunger any.

Then, in Art History, not only was I again behind the sild projector that blows nothing but the cold air in the theater in a concentrated fashion towards me, but apparently I got a nasty bug that caused me to have a headache for half of the class!! It sucked!

Luckily, the day did get a little better like Jaime said.

After my dad picked me up, we took a detour to Sam's Club. We picked up a few items as well as few choice grocery items. All tax free, of course. Got to exploit that Sam's Club Business Member perk, you know? We also went to Michael's craft store and picked up all the shit I need for 2D to please the teacher. I wanted one of their mannequins, but the bill already came up to $50. I didn't want to shoot it up any higher.

Right now, it's too late to do any of my homework because one of them involves me just being engrossed in music. To play the song I want to as loud as I want to at this hour of night would just be rude... especially for a Monday!

How ironic that the day I don't bring my book to class I get a reading assignment in it.

No comments: