Wednesday, September 17, 2003

The Day I Wore My Boxers Backwards

I have so much typing that I need to do that I might as well blog first so that I can get into the mood of typing like a mad man.

First off, I was so tired yesterday that I just fell asleep and didn't really do any of the work that was due today until the very last minute. Talk about putting it off, huh? I enjoyed yesterday's Drawing 1 class. It was the kind of class where you work and work and you don't realize that you already killed an hour or two... or even three! Now that's what I came to college to do.

Creativity happened, and we found out what happened to our teacher last week. Apparently her spinal tap leaked. Talk about graphic. Just that sentence alone should paint a gooey picture of a hole near the base of your spine oozing out bodily fluids you didn't even knew you had but knew you had to have or else something bad would happen. And if that last sentence wasn't being graphic, I don't know what is now!

Today was different, though. I found a new hatred for my 2D class. Apparently, the fact that I am the artists and not the teacher doesn't exist. My teacher wants a piece of work to look a certain way regardless of how else I would like it to be. At this rate, she will be responsible for stifling my individual style rather than helping it. No wonder our class is down to three people.

English didn't happen for about half of the class. Not that many people showed up for the focus group that was to happen next door. The meeting was about dorms being put in. They wanted to talk to us students because it is going to be our dorm room and we are not the typical college students. We are all artists. Artists tend to be atypical. I mean, just look at me! Okay, I'm a poor example of what I'm talking about. In that case, look at Van Gough. He was crazy enough to believe that as an artist he didn't need his ears (or so I am told). Anyway, the contractors and builders wanted to know what it was that we would like. It seems obvious that we need some kind of hard flooring since the fine arts people are obviously going to make a mess. A lot of people want their privacy and wanted one bedroom apartments/dorms built into the plan. There was a lot of push for that. I said that it's because we aren't fans of the whole "study group" scene, which got a laugh from the room. Hey, my cynical humor was appropriate for the study. I suggested that for security reasons they should use our Student ID card since, well, what other use are they handed to us for? I haven't had to flash that card out since I got it more than a month ago!

After they left, it was business as usual.

Ken caught me after class as I was doing my daily drawing. He wanted to know how tomorrow was going to work out since he is going to be my ride. He wanted to know if he had to pick me up. I know he's not a morning person, and if he did that, he'd be dead at my door! I told him that he doesn't have to do that. My parents are going to just drop me off and then go off to Virginia for the next to day, so all he has to do is take me home. That's when I invited him over if he wants to. Change of scenery, wants to hang out, whatever is good with him. I really got to learn how to be more demanding, but I don't know. Maybe I'm too nice to say something as stupid as "I want you to hang out with me" and try not to let him talk his way out of it unless he's got a damn good reason like school.

The rest of today I watch a dragonfly cheat death with what little on-coming traffic we have in front of the school. I like dragonflies. They are so pretty.

Okay, time to do my narrative on a group of pictures for Creativity. This blog got me into the mood to write.

No comments: