Wednesday, September 24, 2003

But, You're An Artist...

We did the one thing I do not like to do in any way what-so-ever.

Paint.

I hate painting. Paint, no matter what kind, never agrees with me. They never stay the color I want them to. They never go where I want them to. They never stay in place. I can't do anything with them no matter how hard I try. I hate it.

This is why I like pen and pencil better. I'll take dry materials over paint any day.

While I was waiting for my ride, I got to hang out more with Christina. We talked about things and did what work we could do. In all honesty, I thought she had class at the time, like everyone else, to where I was going to end up waiting all alone for my ride. I told her that this Halloween I would love to go hang out with Ken, but I'm afraid that he and Jaime would have something planed then. She invited me to come hang out at the bar. She's so sweet. I really should ask her to hook me up with someone. She's a good judge of character, and I could use someone with that kind of quality in my little network of friends that is forming. Why? Because I lack good judgment.

I saw Ken working today. It seems weird how he is both an employee and a student at Watkins. Then again, I would have been in the same position he was in today had everything worked out for me in Seattle. I really should stop thinking about that place. Stop thinking about my past and all those dreams I had. I really need a new distraction.

Incidentals, while working on a drawing, I didn't think of anything other than how long I spent on it. One whole hour, and I'm not happy with the way it came out. Every artist says that.

Two new cute guys that have been floating around have caught my eye, but neither one is within my taste. They are cute, yeah, but not my taste. Besides, they both smoke. I don't mind their tattoos, but then again, I don't really like them. I kind of like tasteful tattoos like arm band tattoos. Maybe it's just me. I don't know.

I seem to be saying that a lot less lately. Maybe that means I'm getting smarter. I hope so. I'm tired of being stupid... socially speaking.

With all this writing that I've been doing, I can't help but wonder what my real calling in life is now. I thought I would end up one of those poor, barely-able-to-live-on-their-own gallery artists, but with all the writing I've done for Creativity and even for English, it just feels like I'm going to end up being some kind of writer. Maybe I'll be like Dr. Suess and be able to both write and draw at the same time. At least, that's what I think he did.

We'll see what the future holds. For now, I just want to be a normal college student... only without the beer and drugs.

No comments: