Sunday, July 27, 2003

Boredom took its nasty hold on my day, and with the strange Leo dream freash in my head, I decided to pop in a movie of his. I decided to go and watch some of the shit I haven't watch in a long time or only once. What's eating Gilbert Grape? fit the bill. In my opinion, that's one of Leonardo's best if not THE best acting done in a film I have seen so far.... granted I have yet to see any of his recent stuff after Titanic or for that matter Marvin's Room or the gay film Total Eclipse, but still. Hey, it takes alot of talent to act retarded when you're not and do it convincingly. Just look at Tom Hanks in Forest Gump.

About halfway through the movie, my sister delivered a t-shirt to me. It was a large grey looking thing with the words "And your point is..." on it. I'm not one for buying clothes because of the fact that my sense of fashion is shot all to hell. She then said that they were going to the mall. I figure, what the hell? I need some air. The movie was starting to depress me what with how it is suppose to show how his life is suppose to be so hard and sad. I needed to get happy even if only for a little while. I went to Tilt and dropped off my 75 cents I made in profit from Kentucky Kingdom and played one game of DDR. The person right after me turned on Oni mode (which is like an endurance test for all DDR players) and totally made me look like a chump. Then him and his friend got on it and do what those to do best. I had three bucks in change in my pocket when I spoted my family signalling that it was time to go home and for me to get back to my movie. It made me wonder why I even bother changing my money since I didn't bother using it.

I watched the rest of the movie and marveled at Leo's preformance. I watched Johnny Depp act in his own, brillent way and wondered how he went from looking so hunky to the way he looks now in Pirates. Maybe it's an actor thing that I'll never understand.

The movie, overall, was pretty much one of those "slice of life" movies. The kind that don't really establish a begining or an end. They just pick up and then drop you off when they feel like they told what they were suppose to. I admire the character Gilbert Grape. All he wants to do is do the right thing. He has a heart of gold. All he wants to do is help others. You can tell he hurts too, and that the suicide of his father has tramatized him to almost no end. A trama that only love from a total stranger could fix. In a strange way, I stupidly connected to the character.

Listen to me. I sound like a damn movie critic. I'm nothing but a blogger blogging a blog about the day I had thinking that it would interest someone.

Like it would...

No comments: