Friday, April 25, 2003

Okay, a few days without blogging and now I need to catch up for those of you that read this.

First off, and most important of all, Russ and I made up. I was amazed at how fast things smoothed over with him over the last two days. Russ said it was because he was in such a good mood. I was and still am in a good mood too. I got my friend back after I was being such an asshole to him. Now if only I can get him to be my boyfriend.

Yesterday, I learned something weird about my old Gameboy Pocket. Apparently, when I thought the batteries had died, I switched games. The game that came with this "stolen" Gameboy was an old Mario game. I ended up sucking out an extra hour from Mario as far as battery life! After the batteries finally died for the last time, I got to thinking as to why I got more battery life from Mario than I did from Pokemon. Then it hit me. Processing! Pokemon has so much data in it, most of the battery life is sucked dry by the processing. Mario, on the other hand, is nothing but a simple game (put a wall here, an enemy here) that it doesn't suck so much energy processing what needs to be on that little screen. However, this problem wouldn't happen if I had a GBA SP.

No comments: