Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Yup, another article I found about DDR. Can you tell I'm kind of bored? Ok, not as bored to the point where I have to change my iMood indicator, but bored enough to actually read the news.

From OrlandoSentinel.com: Lifestyle:

It also gives players a chance to strut their stuff for each other. Alex Jebailey, a 19-year-old Valencia Community College student, counts himself among the showboats. He says his addiction to the game, which began when he first discovered it at Gameworks, has begun to wane. "Now I just go when I feel like showing off," he says.

Sounds likes me. The only exception is, I go when I know the area is crowded. I'm still not the best out there. I know serveral people who are better than me.

Jebailey, who says he lost 40 pounds in a year of obsessive DDR play, may have reached the peak of his interest in January. That's when he danced on a DDR machine for 13 consecutive hours at the XS Entertainment Complex on International Drive, taking a one-minute break every 10 minutes.

He would have stayed on longer, he says, but the complex had to close. "I'm mad at them for that." He has sent in a video and documentation of his marathon effort to the Guinness Book of World Records and is awaiting notification.


What some people will do to be famous. I hope he makes the record book, though.

No comments: