Wednesday, June 12, 2002

Today was actually worth blogging for a change.

First off, my mother rudely woke me trying to get a few things from storage in my room. My room doubles as a second attic for some reason. Then when I finally am able to dream about something and sleep, what happens? You guessed it. Mom comes in and wakes me again. She needed an extra pair of hands to bring some stuff to the store for the Filipino Food Day. Little did I know I was going to be helping out.

Despite the bad start, we ended up doing a good job. Mom made some wierd noodle dish that I can't remember how to spell it's proper name right now, and I ended up help clean up when I wasn't trying to cut the babingka into tiny sample peices. Like I said when I first blogged the recipe, I don't see how it is possible to cut that thing into 100+ pieces. Somehow I did... and, DAMN was it a pain. Thankfully after the lunch rush, we ran out of ingrediance for the specials of the day and left. Who knows that the evening will bring for us now that today's store experiance is over.

Wait a second... I never got paid... Time to bring that up with the owner (AKA Mom).

No comments: