Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Sometimes I wonder if I really know more than I should. Then I start to wonder if I even know anything at all. Maybe what I know is fact; maybe what I know is my own bullshit to make myself feel smarter than I really am. Intellegance is something that's really hard to measure. They have a test, yes, but what if you score so high off the scale they would have to make a new test? Now I'm reminded of a line in Episode II that said:

"Being a Jedi, I'd think you'd know the differance between knowledge and wisdom."

What makes a person knowledgible? What makes a person wise? Some would say that knowledge is learned and aquired. Others say that it can be taught once and then tested to see if it is truely learned, which is I think the flaw in the schooling system here. Some would say wisdom is gained over time, that time makes us wiser though experiances. Others would say that wisdom is the careful use of knowledge. So where does intellegance fit into the mix?

Another mindless rant of false insight into the human scene. Who am I to question the concept of intellegance? My IQ is only 122. My record shows that I'm really at 130, but they gave me the 8 points cause I was distracted by a cute boy just outside the window of the testing area. Am I really gifted? I honestly don't think so. So since I'm average, I might as well shut the fuck up and quick trying to understand that which I don't.

Besides, my brain is overworked as it is. Thoughts and ideas of so many things mashed with one another. A complicated mess of thought bubbles and brainstorms. Even my subconsious was saying for me to just let go and not think for a change. Enjoy the moment! How did it tell me this? By making me dream that Austin Gordon was my personal stripper in a batchlor party. And yeah, I do try to let go and enjoy the moment. That's the whole purpose for my video game playing. To just let go and forget everything that has ever bothered me!

Man, I really could use $50 and a trip out to Jillian's to play DDR.

No comments: