Thursday, March 11, 2004

A Good Day Worth Blogging

Today was actually fun, and, dare I say, liberating.

When I had the chance, I set up my piece that was made of some choice CDs, videos, all my DVDs, a few plushies, and the most important piece, my trunk. To add to the random splashes of color, I put my Playstation up and set DDR on the demo loop.

Overall, I was very impressed at how well the class read all of the objects of my piece. They noticed the black trunk first, something I wasn't expecting or intending. I wanted them to look at all the colorful things first. They saw that there was a link to some of the things on the table and the video game playing. All in all, they hit everything on the nail head. It makes me wonder just how obvious I really am. However, people are now curious as to what I keep in my trunk. There's hints littered through my blog, so if you feel like trying to find out yourself, go for it!

The other projects were very interesting. I mean, really interesting. There was one that was so symbolic, it was like some kind of ritual. Another involved food and little messages underneath, both literally and figuratively. All the performance pieces were interesting and very personal. You couldn't help but feel something when watching them. Very powerful.

You know, blogging this just doesn't do the day justice. You would have to live it through my eyes in order to appreciate it. Thinking about it right now, I guess it is easier for me to blog about the bad things more than good. I probably said this before, but it is true. When good things happen, it just seems so hard to capture those happy feelings in words. When bad things happen, I am able to express them so easily to where anyone reading can feel my paint. I guess it is like that with most writings that are this personal.

Anyway, I had fun today. More fun that I thought that a class like this could offer, really. I bet you anything that no class in the nation ever had this much fun ever during their sessions. It was a nice way to start Spring Break.

No comments: