Sunday, March 21, 2004

The End of Spring Break

Well, this is it. As the sun goes down, the week that has brought...

Well, it didn't really bring anything out of the ordinary, or special for that matter. Maybe a few noteworthy blog entries here and there, but nothing eventful.

I spent my last day of Spring Break fufilling a promise I made to myself after I went to the Frist the second time. I went back and enjoyed the Impressionistic works without having to take notes. I just wanted to sit back and enjoy all the art. In turn, I gave myself more that what I promised, probably to compensate for the bad feelings I still had lingering from last night.

Well, now that I have that out in the open, I might as well elaborate. It's a very interesting story, really, involving Go-Gaia.

Last night, I made the mistake of saying something I shouldn't have to Leo and the gang. Needless to say, that conversation lasted no more than half an hour. They left, and I was left with people on a message board game who like to play dress up with their little avatars.

I decided, just because I needed to vent somewhere in an alternate way, to make my little Role Playing character really depressed. Naturally, to protect Leo, I changed who he was. I claimed that I met a person in real life that looked like David Gallagher. This was false. Leo looks nothing like David, and I've never met him (Leo, not David). I said that I chased him off because of how perverted I am and my fowl mouth. This is half true. I then said that he was the first person that I ever met that didn't care how I looked and like me for the fact that I am an artist. I have a feeling this is true, but I am not all that sure as of right now.

Well, I met up with some really kind responses to that. Cyber hugs were given, but I still acted the part of being unable to feel better. Then this one guy, who apparently is taken (Kind of don't know if it is a Gaia thing or in real life, but I don't really care at this point.), everyone called Ares. He had this picture in his signature of two Yaoi boys caught cuddling, drawn by a friend of his. It was a really nice drawing. Kind of hot, but not very erotic in tone. Anyway, he kept trying to give me the same song and dance I've heard before. I'll find someone that's worth it. Don't worry, everything will work in the end. Just stick it through with your head held high. You have plenty of time to learn how to drive and meet guys and be happy. I acted like I was impossible to help, which is the way I would act anyway. I mean, anyone that has IMed me can testify to that. The thing is, unlike most of the people I act like this to, Ares didn't give up one me. In fact, after scolding me and telling me the truth about how I will end up if I continue acting the way I do, Ares told me that he feels bad for nothing being able to help me.

As with all Role Playing things on the internet that is text based, I typed in my action saying I was leaving the chat room, to which he grabbed my arm and hugged me. Keep in mind this is all cyber. The strange thing is, once he did that, I felt something rather real. A real pain. No one has ever done that to me in real life, and I was taken back that someone would even cyber it, even if it was all in role play. I then acted the way I would in real life. I typed in my action saying that I looked up at him with really big eyes only to hug him for dear life. He replied back kind of shock that I would act that way, but continued to hug me. I then typed in another action I knew I would do in that kind of situation. I acted like I was overcome by my depression to the point where I couldn't stand up. Ares supported me up with his hug until I was okay.

I never had this happen to me on any kind of role playing message board, IM, cybering thing, or even REAL LIFE! I wanted it to be real! I wanted Ares to be a real person I knew. I wanted that event to have really happen. God knows I needed something like this, and God knows I need a friend like this person, even if all he was doing was playing a role. It was one that I want in real life. I want a friend that sweet, that caring, that loving. I want someone that would go out of their way just to make sure that I felt good when the littlest thing bothers me like a big thing.

But, we all know I never get what I want.

No comments: