Saturday, November 01, 2003

All Vices and No Virtue

So today I decided to take things slower than yesterday and just concentrate on one thing. What is the hardest thing to do right now on my list? Why Art History of course!

Since I'm Catholic, I know nothing about Christian Virtues or Vices. I decided to just go and look up what I could from the book. Well, the Art History book gave me about three lines on the subject. I knew that wouldn't cut it even if I sharpen it with a laser.

So, it was off to the internet I go looking for anything on the subject. I found more on the vices than I did on the virtues. See, I'm not looking for quotes from the Bible or verbal explanation as to what I am to do in order to get into Heaven (or Hell). What I am looking for is how they are each represented in art as far as their iconography goes.

The only site that helped me out was this one. I have to applaud the webmaster. He has a good sense of humor about the seven deadly sins.

So much for getting the hardest thing to do out of the way.

No comments: