Saturday, November 29, 2003

Why could it not wait?

I'm really tired of this. I really am.

My mother gave me that damn "You're 21 years old now" speech four months in advance! She just does not get it. I swear she just does not get it. The more she or anyone for that matter pushes, the more I do not want to work! The more you push me, the more I'll shove right back with things that I, frankly, do not want any part of. I'm not your typical young adult. I'm gay. I go to an art college. I see things in shapes of value rather than actual objects now! My philosophy about getting a job is getting one that I actually enjoy doing, preferably one that involves my skills as an artist that I can use. Yes, I know that I'm still a long way away from getting to that goal, but I do not want to go to Watkins only to get trapped at some crappy ass job at Kroger!

MEANWHILE, my sister who actually wants to get a job cannot. For some bizarre reason, my mom does not want my sister to work. She wants to work at one of the Steak 'N Shakes around town, but just cannot for one reason or another. That's mostly my mom's doing. Does that make any sense at all?! I mean, come on! She actually wants to go to work, but my mother is telling her not to! My sister is legal age now! She can work if she feels like it, but the Asian side of us respect her too much to disobey "mother's orders."

I don't know her anymore. She's just a big puzzle to me that I cannot solve.

Strange. As I was typing this, I kept seeing Jaime's confused face she makes every time I say something she doesn't understand and is trying to process it so that she can. Every time I blinked I saw this.

No comments: