Wednesday, November 05, 2003

So Very Quiet

Today, I was hoping to get a lot of painting out of the way. Unfortunately, I was interrupted twice. The first time was when I found out that the schools new foundry was going to get its first pouring done today. I waited what must have been thirty minutes before I finally decided to go back to my painting. The second interruption was more important. My sister and my mother came looking for me (via Ken) because my sister was ill. They were going home earlier than usual today, so they decided to save gas and pick me up as well.

The ride home was so quiet. No radio. No conversation. Not even a rustling of a snack bag. The only thing that broke the silence was the turning on of the turn signal. Kind of like now how the only sound being made is the sound of me typing.

No comments: