Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Booked Solid

Today was interesting. Oh yes, it's true.
I did things today I don't normally do.


Outside I worked on a project, but the wind forced me to take my work inside. Once there, I worked on my 2D collage, my new assignment. I did not have to, but I did after blogging in the library.

Speaking of which, I got lucky and went down to the downtown library. I am still pleasantly surprised that I was able to find everything I needed on pilgrimages there... and then some.

I got to go to the reading tonight. I don't think my sister or mother enjoyed waiting in the cafe for and hour while I listened to a writing style I actually like to read. I don't know what it is, but something about the old master's written work bores me to death. Amanda Stern's fresh writing style, however, is probably the only thing that keeps me hoping the standard teaching practice of English Lit. will chance. Her book is the second book that I am willing to read on my own. That in itself tells me that I will enjoy it.

Sitting in the gallery felt odd. I saw everyone I knew and was fond of. Jaime, Ken, Christina, Wyatt, even Austin whom I haven't seen in a week! It was like some kind of perfect, little, fun class. It felt strange, but it was the good kind of strange.

Overall, I wished everyday was like today. I had fun; I actually got some important work done; I am no longer stressed. Life just feels good for once.

That can only mean one thing.

Tomorrow is going to suck.

No comments: