Sunday, August 04, 2002

Well, I'm back from my trip to Florida. God, how I miss blogging and typing in general. You can tell it's been a while since I've done the paper-and-pencil thing.

Speecking of it, I wrote up a blog on a spare notepad that I'll post here. Here is what I wrote.

I'm writing this at great risk for myself. For starters, this "blog" is being writen in the presence of my sister. While I'm not worried about her, I am worried about the fact that I'm writing this on my mom's spare notepad.

Anyway, let me start this entery by discribing my time at DisneyQuest.

First off, I went by myself. To tell you the turth, DisneyQuest isn't really all that fun if you don't have someone with you. DisneyQuest is definately a group place. Yes, there are some attractions there that you can play by yourself, but overall, it's gest to have a friend along.

When you first walk into DisneyQuest, you are treated to an elevator show by Genie. I was impressed with the fact that the show is in 3D cell animation and fully digital. As you exit onto the Venture Port (the land hub, if you will), I recommend you look at three things. The first is a dry-erase board that tells you the wait time at some of the big "E-ticket" attraction. That was strike one for me. Second, is the map that they gave you with your ticket. I didn't do this untill I got lost in the Wonderland Cafe on the fourth floor. Strike two. And finally, if you lose your map, read the direction signs! When I wanted to find the Create Zone, I ended up wondering aimlessly until I the Venture Port again.

Now for some ride/game reviews.

I didn't have a chance to hit up some of the more worthwhile places. I opted to skip Buzz's AstroBlaster since I was by myself, and it's a two-person team thing. Much like Invation which is a for-member team-work game. Pirates of the Carribeian is too, but I skiped that because of the line. I found that these kinds of games are best played when you have a large party when I was on the Virtual Jungle Cruise. In it, you and up to three other pleople paddle for real down a virtual river. It's a refreashing ride since you are hit with water while you play.

If you don't have a big party, I recommend that you look into the Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride attraction. Yes, it's suppose to be a team game, but no one really cares about that part. Those that know how to play the game cam make yours short since they know where to go and how to control the carpet. Newbies are going to be spend alot of time getting lost or having difficulty controlling their "Rugman." Naturally, you wear a VR helmet (or "turban" as the attraction calls them), which was hard for me to focus on since my glasses were about half an inch from the screens. That's half the reason why I didn't go on Ride a Comix. The other reason was the line.

Admittingly, I spent most of my time at the Create Zone. This was the most crowded area next to the Replay Zone. In this area, the big "E-Ticket" is definately Cyber SpaceMountain. Here, you can create the rolloer coster of your dreams... or nightmares. You first pick a speed that you want the ride to go at then a location. Then you are giving 10,000 feet of track to mess with. After you've done that, you get to ride your monster! I did it twice! The average wait after you create your coster is about half an hour if all eight simulaters are working. Think that you can stomach that barrel roll up a waterfall or that sudden dip into a volcano or the dreaded knot loop in an asteroid feild? I (barely) could... and that was at full speed. If you are not spinning from that, try the other areas. I didn't bother with the Living Easels and Magic Mirror since younger kids seem to dominate that area. On top of that, I keep missing the Animation Academy class times! Radio Disney's Sound Lab is a good place to get an extra CD for the road, but the wait can outdo most of the other attractions sometimes. Despite the wait, I didn't much care for those when I found Sid's Create-a-Toy. Here you can rummage through Sid's room, his sister Hanna's room, and the backyard looking for parts to make a twisted toy! Now, while I was told that I could find matching legs and arms, I found it really odd trying to locate a left leg and not finding it anywhere! I didn't care. Not after I went to the Guest Gallery. Here you can buy a recording of yourself on your rollorcoster, the picture you drew, a print of your easel painting, a print of your mirror make-over, your custom Disney CD, and your twisted toy... for a price. Trust me, if you did something you like while in the Create Zone, shell out the extra money. It's worth it.

The only thing I played in the Replay Zone (besides DDR) was the Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam. Ever wonder what it feels like to be a human Pinball? You'll find out here if you play this game. Chances are that if you've played any pinball game, you know it's impossible to get near a million points off three balls. Well, here you get can get to a million no problem. In fact, the high score to beat the day I was there was 99,999,990 points. My score? A mere 10 million and some odd.

So if you go to DisneyQuest in a group, definately hit up all the group trill games in the Explore Zone. Don't worry if you are going alone, either. There is plenty to play at the other Zones.


The next blog entry will be on the Animal Kingdom theme park.

No comments: