Sunday, August 04, 2002

I wrote this blog entry on a spare notepad of my mother's. Here is the blog I wrote about the Animal Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom was something else to talk about. We didn't do everything. We didn't have the time. On top of that, I am convinced that I was the only one that fully understood and took advantage of the FastPass system. We only used it twiced. One for Primeval Whirl and one for Kali Rapids.

Well, enough of the bad stuff.

The Kilimanjaro Safari was awsome! Even though we did that first thing to see the lions, I didn't see anything bad other than the fact that my mom's camera's battery died. My favorite area to waste film on has to be the savanah. It is definately the best view in the tour.

The Festival of the Lion King has got to be the best choreographed and colorful show next to the broadway version. The audiance participation is a bit lame, but it doesn't take away from the beautiful costumes and spectacular show.

It's Tough to be a Bug was just freaky, but in a good way. Why is it freaky? Well, let's just say that you better not have a fear of bugs.

The Dino-Rama was a perfect replica of a midway carnival... compleate with impossible to win carni-games! I recommend that you avoid the carni-games unless you can score a perfect 150 like my sister did on Wak-a-Rat. I do recommend that you take a spin on Primeval Whirl. Think Mad Tea Party with a mix of Big Thunder Railroad. It's a short ride, but a thrilling spin.

DINOSAURS on the other hand scared the piss out of my mom. Well, almost. The one thing I recommend to those that don't like the dark while hearing unearthly sounds is that you best avoid thie ride. The waiting area is worth the 25 minute wait. They got some interesting fossiels and murals set up.

Tarzan Rocks wasn't really worth it. I must applaude the casting, though. Disney hire a really sexy Tarzan. Okay, so I got a thing for muscle men. I think it was the loin cloth.

The best way to end the day is to grab a 4:15 to 5:15 FastPass to Kali Rapids. If you are lucky enough to get that, you can watch the Jammin' Jungle Parade, follow the parade route, and then get onto the next raft in under two minutes! Now if you are REALLY lucky, you may get to go back-first into the waterfall. Definately worth it after sweating the whole day.

The real attraction of Animal Kingdom are the animals. Hey, where else can you see rinos and graffis eat together with no sign of a cage anywhere? Oh yeah, and bring pleate of film. I went through four rolls by myself there. One of which was all at the Lion King show.

No comments: