Friday, August 16, 2002

I think it was that drawing I did of Mickey yesturday.

For quite some time now, I've been day dreaming of DisneyQuest and spending it with Bill and Sam. I might as well tell the day dream, since I know it won't go according to plan. Nothing ever does, does it?

Anyway, it starts off with us being some of the many people lined up and waiting to get in about an hour before opening. Well, when I went, the place was crowded and all the good games had a wait time longer than the game itself. Anyway, after passing through the gates and getting stamped for re-entry, Bill and Sam would enjoy that elevator show you watch as you go up to the Venture Port.

The first place I'd tell them to hit up since it's the most crowded at times would be the Create Zone. One of them would ask what's there worth going to, no doubt. That's when I'd tell them about Cyber Space Mountain and all the DisneyQuest exclusive items you can make and buy there. The first stop would be Cyber Space Mountain, since that's always gets a crowd. Since it only sits two, I opted to have Sam and Bill create their coster and ride it without me while I watched them on the monitor in the "Launchbay." I'd ride with one of them later if they wanted to, since I bet that will be their favorite. After that, we'd sit down at the Magic Mirror and make each other over silly. Then we'd hit up Sid's Create-a-Toy and mess around creating an action figure to take home. I'd create two. One for me and one for James when we got back. When the time rolled around, we'd take a drawing class on how to draw Goofy. Bill likes Goofy. Then we'd go to the Living Easels and make a painting followed by the last stop before we buy everything at the Gift Gallery, the Radio Disney CD Recorder. So what would are total be after visiting this Zone? Hell if I know, but at the very least, we'd have the following:

Sid's Create-a-Toy - 4 figures and (maybe) a Sid's Toolbox (There is a promotion said to be going on that if you buy 2 or more figures, you get a tool kit to make even more twisted toys!)
Magic Mirror - 3 prints
Living Easels - 3 prints
Animation Academy - 2 prints I don't want mine.
Radio Disney Studios - 3 CDs
Cyber Space Mountain - 1 video However, I wouldn't put it pass them if we end up getting videos of all our costers.

The next place we'd go is the Explore Zone for group activities like the Virtural Jungle Cruise and the Pirates of the Carribean: Blackbead's Gold. Since Bill knows how to pilot a boat, I'd bet he'd enjoy playing the role of captian while Sam and I fired cannons. I really don't think either of them will play Treasure of the Incas since that game is all but dead there. Still, where else can you play a driving game with a search-and-rescue mission where the game level takes place on the floor you are walking across? Another group game we'd play is Aladdian's Magic Carpet Ride. I wonder how long it will take all three of us if there isn't anyone playing with us that knows how to beat the game.

After that, we'd hit up the Score Zone and play the group game Invation! I wonder who will be driving that game since you have to stop every so often to pick up people while fighting off aliens. I don't know if Ride a Comix is a group game, but I know all of us will be playing it. For a competative game, we'd play the Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam. I bet Bill will try his best to get top score. So will Sam. Me? I'll end up in tenth again. The Score Zone is also littered with games that I bet Bill won't play unless he wants to show off. He's played almost everything that they have in the area. Well, almost.

I'm not sure about the Replay Zone though. The only thing worth playing there would be Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlaster, and that sits only two. Well, I guess I'll find out the meaning of the word "replay" if either of them wants to play it again. I'd wait till there are more people in the line before going there with them so they could enjoy it better. The rest of the Replay Zone is mostly midway and ticket games that you can exchange for prizes. You have to buy $5 cards to play them. I don't know if Bill or Sam would like to do that. Personally, I'm kind of old for those games. Besides, those giant plushies that you can win for a thousand tickets you can buy anywhere! But if they want to, I have no problem with it.

Since we would be spending the whole day, there is no doubt in my mind we would eat at the two resturants they house. Bill or Sam will no doubt try to hack the Wonderland Cafe computers that they have set up to give you that "Internet Cafe" feeling. And, man, I can only imagine how many bugers and hot dogs they will eat! They better not go on Cyber Space Mountain after eating though. I'll make sure of that.

Well, maybe bloging the day dream above will help me at least plan out the actual event... if I can actually do it that is...

I really hope I can.

No comments: