Monday, August 30, 2004

Uncomfortable

There is something that I don't really understand right now that is going on. While trying to review for World Mythology, I couldn't help but feel unwanted. Maybe it was Ken's presence, or maybe it was because I know I'm different than everyone else here. I'm only one of two people that car pool or use some kind of different form of transportation other than a car of my own.

It's strangely unsettling, especially for a school where there are no groups that separate themselves from any other group. I don't feel welcome anymore. In fact, I feel out of place in the one place that I felt like I belonged to all last year.

My Drawing 3 teacher said that I shouldn't be afraid of fear, and she hopes that our drawing environment wouldn't cause us to be insecure in our ability. It's one thing to have a class where fear isn't a problem, but what about an overall environment? What then does one do when one's entire surrounding is nothing but an uncomfortable void where one has to put on a happy face like a mask in a Kabuki theatre show? What then?

I'm on the dark side of the Ying-Yang circle, and the only white dot of hope right now is my shrinking comfort zone. My last bastion of safety is my fantasy world that I go to oh so many times.

No comments: