Friday, August 20, 2004

"Bite your tongue, Jon."

That's the thought that shot through my head the entire day today as I spent a good 12 hours on my sister's campus helping her move in. The pack mule aspect of it wasn't bad, seeing how I wasn't alone. There were parents, obviously well into their late 40's and 50's, that were lifting and towing things just as heavy as anything we had. It kind of eased the burden knowing I wasn't the only one doing all the grunt work. Still, I couldn't stand the barking commands from my mother. For my sister's sake, I didn't say anything or snap back. This is her day, and what little conflict I can cause should be avoided. I am please to report that was the case.

When I did have some time to myself, I took the camera that my aunt gave me to take some pictures of the campus. She asked me to do so before we left. I took mostly pictures of the art garden and the courtyard fountain. Once I ran out of film, I used mom's camera to take pictures of the other parts of the campus. Unfortunately, the best shot on the entire property was closed to everyone, student and visitors alike. They were putting in a new roof on the 13th floor of the main Freshmen dorm, which is the best view of the campus due to the giant glass wall at the top of the stair well. Oh well, maybe next year.

I also picked up my old habit of people watching. That was a mistake. Why? Well, here's why. About 95% of the Freshmen that I saw were hot. I mean, they were HOT!!! We are talking nicely bronzed frat boy jocks with blond hair and dark sunglasses wearing skin tight tank tops and baggy shorts that practically show what religion they are (if you get my meaning.) It was the first time this entire summer that I can remember right now where I felt like such a whore. I was hoping that at least one of them was gay and that one that was would end up becoming a friend to my sister just so I could get a chance to meet such a hot stud. Yeah, I know, fat chance in hell.

My sister's school is so beautiful. Walking around the campus taking all those pictures made Watkins feel rather small and almost... insignificant. The only thing we have going for us is that the campus has a lake while they don't. Then again, there is a white-water river just on the other side of the street of my sister's dorm. Oh, who am I fooling? I would give up my virginity if I still had it to go to an art college with this kind of campus! It's so peaceful and beautiful. It's filled with a history you can feel just by looking at the brick buildings. And I'm not just saying that as a front the fact that the guys are hot as hell, too. I mean it. I love the trees, the shaded walkways, the large and grassy courtyard, even the bookstore! Too bad I lack the ambition, drive, and motivation to change that.

I'm so jealous for my sister.

I"m going to miss her a lot more than I'm jealous of her, however.

No comments: