Tuesday, August 24, 2004

More Class Snap Judgments & Art Supply Shopping

My first class of the day was English Comp. 2, which wasn't all that much a surprise as far as course goes. I knew the teacher, Nancy knew me, and I found out that she made the course harder than the Spring semester's course due to the frustration that was caused by their unwillingness to do the reading. Lucky me, huh? The class atmosphere was that of last years. Sure, there were different students, most of which are having Nancy for the first time as a teacher. Still, the class is pretty much how I remember leaving it back in English Comp. 1.

During my break, I ran into Brett. He's still laid back, still got that same lazy-sounding voice, but the bags under his eyes got bigger apparently. I knew he must have taken Clay 1 before, so I asked him what it was like. In all fairness, he said that the instructor loves to talk and knows everything about anything. The only downside is that he makes bad jokes. Other than that, he's an excellent teacher, and I'll have fun in his class.

Brett couldn't be closer to the truth. My instructor does talk a lot, almost to the point where I want him to shut up. He also is very crafty. He trick all of us into doing some kind of work to help prepare us for the first assignment. He claims that he is not here to teach, but to assist. We are responsible to create whatever we are suppose to create in there using the tools and materials available. If there is anything we cannot handle on our own, that's where he comes in. Talk about being a hands off teacher.

After getting the last few items I needed for my classes, I went over to Plaza, the art store and pencil partner with Watkins, to get my supplies. Thankfully, I didn't need much, and I was only set back $36.12 total. It's a whole lot better than my $80+ total during the spring semester.

Right now, I'm having a poor excuse for a dinner while getting my evening entertainment over and done with. After that, I have homework.

Back to the books for me!

No comments: