Friday, August 27, 2004

Iraq's Bronze Medal Denied by Italy

Having nothing better to do seeing how the homework I wanted to get out of the way involves more printer paper than I have available, I watched the Bronze Medal Men's Soccer match between Italy and Iraq. This is the first, and probably only, event that I've watched during the last two weeks.

Italy won 1-0, and I have to say that they played a good game. Once they scored that goal, the game plan was to just not lose that small lead.

I still feel Iraq should have won the bronze, but unfortunately, that is not to be. Hopefully, their performance in the match will catch the eye of several European and American soccer scouts. There are some great players on the Iraqi side that deserve a better life and the chance to play what brought their country so much hope and joy for the last two weeks.

No comments: