Thursday, August 19, 2004

Blogging from Virginia

It's times like these I'm glad there are hotels out there that have free internet.

So, yes, I'm in Virginia right now. Why? To help my sister move into her dorm. I'm not looking forward to being treated like a pack mule. The real reason I'm here isn't for the free labor, but because my sister wanted me to come along to see her school.

However, there is one other thing I'm not looking forward to. The loneliness that will follow this. My sister has been the only thing that has killed whatever lonely feelings I've had over the summer. She's the only one that acts like she listens whenever I talk about things I know she could care less about. It's going to be very lonely without her around, and I'm going to miss her more than she will miss home.

She doesn't know this yet, but I'm sure she'll see it.

The entire road trip out here, I didn't eat. I tried to sleep, but that was an impossibility. The seat belt felt like a leathery saw pressing against my neck whenever I would slip back into consciousness. And after watching so many murder mysteries involving beheadings late in the night, that didn't help me feel all that comfortable.

This is probably going to be the last blog from a while, or at least until school starts. Too bad I can't waste hours away on Gaia while I'm here at the hotel. I only have a 15 minute window on this machine. So much for trying to get the 8,000 gold I need for next month's Donation Item. (Don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

No comments: