Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Okay, destressing moment. Destressing moment.

Today's classes were interesting. I saw the stranger side of art today. Well, at least the stranger side of art teachers.

My first class was Drawing 1. My teacher there apparently is new to the town. All of us students warned her about the traffic. As a way to introduce us, she made us fill out this Miss USA questionaire forum. Not only that, we had to walk "the walk." Yes, that's right. The runway walk. Let me just say you find some really interesting walks when you are introduced like that. Since all that she had planed was that for today, our class was only an hour.

I sat there for about 2 hours and 15 minutes doing nothing. I did catch a few people from orientation. They were in Art History and on their 10 minute break.

Creativity was interesting. Hugo is in my class. The teacher is very strange to say the least. How strange? Let's just saying that as part of this class we are required to learn yoga. Not only that, she liked orginized chaos. Today, we ended up pairing off and interviewing people to get to know each other, make new friends, and introduce people to the class. Yes, we were required to take notes. I got paired up with a really interesting person. His name is Ken Nakamura. A very cute, clean cut, young guy that's in film. He's straight, but he's a fag stag. What's a fag stag? That's a straight guy that knows a lot of gay people. Okay, maybe you don't consider three people "a lot," but I do. Anyway, he's really cool. I'd like to be friends with him. I told him I was gay, and he finds that cool. He finds gay people more interesting. After class, I gave him my cell phone number. I never got his because I was in a rush to...

...shop for school supplies after finally getting my list completely confirmed! Boy, was that a mad and stressful rush. I'm convinced that 90% of the stress I'm experiancing is due to this alone. Thankfully the places we went were aware of all the Watkins students coming in and were prepared to get everything ready to the point where I don't need much of anything. I couldn't find tracing paper or a viewfinder for 2D Design. I'm told I'll find out that they will be available later this week. Man, all the students like me are going to make a mad rush to it when we get word that it comes in. It's going to be like the first afternoon on the first day of school at Wal-mart (and for those of you that have gone, you know how much of a mad house that is).

The books were a pain. I had the list all ready of about 15 books. Some required, some recommended. Davis-Kidd has a list set up of the books we would need, and a good chunk of what I had weren't on the list. As a result, I didn't have six books that was on the list. Two of these books are required. I ended up having those ordered, so when they come in, they will call me and tell me. I noticed that they were giving away a sampler manga of mangas to come from the Tokyo Pop convention of this year. I took one.

Just awhile ago, I tried to orginize everything. It was then that I realised that I have no physical way of carrying all I need to bring... ESPECIALLY for Monday. The books are too big, the binders are too big, event he sketch pads are too big! I couldn't carry things under my arms, mostly because I would be unable to. The portfolio (which I have to mark later so that I know that it is mine) alone is about the length of my legs, which is going to make walking difficult. I have a tackle box of art supplies that I'll have to tote around in the other hand. And let's not forget about my new Old Navy messenger bag! Yeah, I'll look like a freaking dummy now. I wish I had a car so I could go back and forth with all my shit in between classes now. Hey, motivation now to drive!

In any event, tomorrow I only have two classes, and I was able to figure out a way to stuff my books and things into a nice three-piece carrying set. I'm still going to look like a freaking dork, but what the hell, right? I'm an artist! I already look dorky.

God, I wonder how I'm going to do this Monday.

No comments: