Friday, August 01, 2003

I was dragged to watch SeaBiscuit with my sister, my mom, and, of course, Michael (my sister's boyfriend).

The reviewer said that this movie would make us cry. Yeah right. October Sky made me cry. Moulin Rouge made me cry. This didn't even get me choked up. I endured the movie only because I had made a deal with my mom in that if I see this movie, which I don't want so see, that she go and watches Pirates with me, which she doesn't want to see. Fair enough, right?

We had dinner out. While we were eating, all the while I felt odd. I felt like something was missing. Then it hit me. I was starting to miss Paul. Michael's presense just brought back that memory. I didn't feel uncofortable with it, but at the same time I felt sad. I don't know why.

When we got home, I opted to draw instead of starting my sword play routine to work up my arms. I kept thinking about Paul. I saw this scenario where we would meet in some odd way and I was drawing. He would ask to look at it. I would agree with a smile saying that since I read some of his poetry, I guess I should return the favor.

I don't know if he'd like my stuff though. I'm not sure he'd like me given what I did to him with how I dropped him like a hot potato.

I came up with a new nickname while I was day dreaming. Zeek "The Blackheart" Slider. Too piratey, but still would make an interesting character.

No comments: