Sunday, August 10, 2003

The following blog is a true life account of the events that have taken place during the past seven (7) days. These events are true events and may not be sutable for most readers. The names and/or places of the persons/areas in which the following have taken place have been changed or left out to protect the innocent and the closeted.

It would seem like almost immediately after I got Yahoo! Messenger that people starting IMing me like crazy.

One person IMed me after seeing my pictures in a personal. He called me hot. He seemed really cool... wacky, but cool. He claimed he knew two of the Backstreet Boys. What? Like that is suppose to impress me? Actually, everything he was doing at the time to impress me or get me interested in him backfired most of the time. The only thing he said that got my attention was the fact that he thinks I'm hot, he said he won't hurt me, and he speacks five different languages. He gave me his pciture as well as his cell phone number to call him. I was really leery about the whole thing. What was this guy up to? Who is he really?

Then I thought, what do I have to lose? I recently lost everything, so why the hell not?

A few days later, the power died right in the middle of our IMs. Perfect oppurtunity to call him up. I did, and got him at work. He was doing the traffic for the afternoon radio show. He's very professional in his job. Away from the studio mic, however, he's a complete goofball. Fun to be around. I could tell from there on that he could be good for me. I submitted to his wishes and we started to sketch out a meeting. I tried calling him repeatedly to nail the date down, but as it turned out his phone died on him. Some glitch in the charge plug. He ended up getting a new phone.

Anyway, fast forward to today.

Today was the day of our meeting. Guiding him via cell phone to my house, I was pleasently surprised to see him when he stepped out of the car. He looked better than his pictures. This only further proves to me how what you see on the internet and in pictures isn't what you get in person. The one was on the positive end. I ended up taking him the backroads to where we were going to eat. I think that annoyed him a bit because he likes to go fast, which you can't do on backroads unless you want to end up in a ditch. We made it to downtown after getting lost and ate at an Italian resturant. We got to sit in a booth, we got to know each other and eat some nice pasta. He paid. I got to learn alot about myself in about five minutes. I'm a bad date because I make myself into a bad date. At least, that's what he said. He said it's all how I carry myself, and he would like to help me change all that and make me as hot as he sees me. He said I got so much potential right now. With the right additude and the right clothes and the right everything, no one, guy or girl, would be able to resist me! I was and still am flattered that he said that to me. It definally made my month, if not my summer. Afterwards, we left and he got a call from his friends. He came up here with a friend of his who he dropped off with someone he just met at his friend's house with the wife (the friend's wife. With me still??). He said that he would look for a hotel room and would pick me up after he drops of his friends. So it was back to my place.

He told me to call him back in an hour. I asked if it was the same number that he gave me. He said that is was. Now, remember how I said that he got a new phone? Okay, you see where this is headed, don't you?

I called him up after an hour. I got some voice service right of the back. It didn't even ring! I left a message hoping to get through to him. Thirty minutes passed by. I tried again only to have the same result. An hour after that, I called him again. The same thing. I gave up at about midnight. I then logged on and started to type him an e-mail, first venting off my complaint abou the phone deal and then complimenting him and thanking him for the good date I had with him. Frankly, I know he won't get that e-mail untill, oh, I don't know... Monday morning at work?? Oh well, at least I know he'll eventually get it.

And no, I'm not copying the e-mail here. That's private. You can shove that little bit of curiousity up your ass for all I care. You're not getting a single preview.

Anyways, that's that for today. Then again, that's the most that has ever happened to me so far.

I really had a great time. It was really fun to finally be able to feel even remotely free from the prison I have put myself in with no way of getting out. I want to do it again, only without the technical glitches.

So do I want this guy as a boyfriend? Not really. I think I need someone more grounded than he is. He's too much of a free spirit. He's nice, sweet, and very cool beyound words. He's adventurous and knows how to have fun obviously. Still, like J-Lo once was said to say, "Everything looks nice when you come out of something bad." He is really cool, and I like him. I just don't think he's going to be a good boyfriend to me. I would still love it to be his friend. I would love nothing more than to have him be my best friend in the world.

Right now, besides the sleep taking hold of my brain, I'm wondering if I'll find someone in Watkins.

No comments: