Saturday, August 30, 2003

I think it's all stress, mostly emotional stress. At least that's what Brian says.

Brian is a guy I met on AIM from the MouseInfo boards. He's really cool. He's in college too, but obviously has alot of experiance.

Lately, I have not been wanting to do the work. I don't want to do the reading for Creativity let alone the writing. I don't want to draw myself again for Drawing. I don't want to make an abstract of that basket of old travel boad games that no one plays. I don't want to draw in my sketchbook everyday. I don't want to read fifty pages of history in the arts. I just want to do something else other than the work.

Brian says that in the big scheme of things, the work I have isn't all that bad for the first week of college. In fact, it's light. The thing that is stressing me out is the fact that I can't time manage. I want to do everything at the same time and get it over with by the next class. Brian said that I should have treated Friday as if it was a school day and did work then. I tried that yesterday, but I didn't get very far. In fact, all I did was orginize my room again so that I can see which classes I have left to work on. And I still have five binders laying all over the place. That means that I didn't do jack yesterday.

Thankfully, Brian was online to help me out. He didn't have anyone to ask questions to when he first started college. Lucky me, I guess.

The key to doing a good job is to be happy. If you're not happy, according to Brian, then you can't do a good job in your work. Stress lowers happiness. The more stressed out, the less happy you are, and the worst the job that needs to be done will be. You just have to learn how to manage everything. It's a juggling act that very few know how to do naturally.

My question: Can I really do that?

No comments: