Tuesday, September 24, 2002

The first thing I did was call my mom at work. She picked up and I told her that I don't see a reason why she can't change the time to earlier. She said there was a hundred dollor penalty to change. I asked if that will kill her. She said it will cause we are broke and they are trying to get the money back now. She's used that excuse far too long, since I was able to understand what money was, and she didn't get away with it this time. She then tried to change the subject, but I changed it right back. I reminded
her that dad and her told me that they agreed to Dan that I was going to leave early and on a Thursday. She said that it was earlier than near midnight like last time. I said that I'm sure Dan meant earlier than 6:30 as well. She said that she will talk to Dan Saturday herself and say that's the best she can do. That alone was tempting knowing what will happen, but I knew I had to change the time, so I persisted and said how I don't see a hundred bucks and an extra four hours in the airports will kill her. She then got into that "Fine, whatever you want, you spoiled little brat" tone of voice and said that she'll change the time so I can go early and then hung up on me immediately.

Just so you know, I did this immediately after I woke up this morning. I think I was just too tired to build up any anger when I was talking to her. She, on the other hand, sounded like she didn't want to deal with it. She said she was dealing with it and that I was the one not dealing with it. I said I'm trying to fix it and that she's really the one that can't deal with the fact that she made a mistake. That lead to to her saying that she was going to talk to Dan herself.

What a way to start a day, huh?

No comments: