Sunday, May 16, 2004

Summer Forecast - Pathetic

Around Spring Break, I told Bill that I was thinking about doing work all that week since I can't afford to go anywhere I wanted to go. Bill told me that the only reason I would do that is because I have nothing better to do. He eventually talked me into being lazy during that week, because that's what I really wanted to do.

With my sister's graduation on the immediate horizon, I spent the better half of last night thinking in bed about what my summer will be like.

Originally, I was convinced that I would be able to go on a vacation of the lifetime. Not going to happen, so I've been watching videos of various vacation hot spots that no longer exist.

I also have been wanting to not really get a job despite what my mouth says in person. Yes, I know. I need the experience, money, and, in the end, it's a good thing for me. The thing is, I talked to Mac one night (and probably for the last night as well). He said that some people just don't belong in the work force. Excuse me for being egotistical, but I believe I'm one of those people.

My advisor in Watkins said that now would be a good time to learn how to drive since I'll have to eventually take evening classes. The thing is, I honestly do not want to drive, nor to I feel like I have the responsibility to take on such a privilege. It isn't that I do not want to learn how to drive. I am just not ready for it. And the fact I live in a town where a fellow student can get away with a hit-and-run for two weeks on the pedestrian level is just adding to it. I guess the cops were all out giving speeding tickets to do any real good.

So, I hit the three big things that the average student in any level of education would face. Vacation, job, and driving. All don't all that favorable. That leads us to what my summer may end up being. From the looks of the last two weeks, my entire summer is going to spent being unkempt, cooped up here on the computer with my two best friends Bitch and Moan, playing online video games that have no real basis in my life as far as something productive. I'll end up watching various videos of Disney theme park shows I'll never see in person (Blazing Rhythm and ShowBiz Is come to mind). If I do any art of any kind, it will be due to the fact that I am bored out of mind. I mean, right now, I'm working on a drawing, and it's taking me a few days just to get about 80% done.

So, I guess that's all I can say right now about that. My summer is going to be a pathetic one. One in which the sins of Sloth and Gluttony are sure to enjoy. I wonder if Lust will join the party seeing how I've masturbated at least 20 times over the last two weeks.

I wish there was some way I could join Zero on her cruise. I so need a vacation from life in general.

No comments: