Sunday, May 16, 2004

I Bought $10

Shopping has never been fun for me. The main reason is that I never have enough money to get what I want. I just walk around torturing myself as to what I could own, but knowing I never could.

Things were different this time around. I actually had no drive to look at anything. Nothing interests me. I've looked at all the video games I could want knowing and accepting I'll never get them for obvious reason. There are very few movies out there that actually interest me, all of which are not for sale right now.

What I wanted to do was go into Build-a-Bear, make myself a little angel teddy, and then find some crying kid to give the bear to. The mall bores me these days, and seeing an upset kid in what has to be the biggest toy store they have ever been in given their short time on this rock thus far makes my day worst. There were no shortage of those, I can promise you that.

So what the hell was I doing in the mall to begin with? My sister wanted me to come along. I wasn't needed; she just would like it if I came along. Whatever makes her happy, I guess. Frankly, looking back on it all, I think I was there just to counter the effects my mom would have on my sister's shopping.

When all was said and done, we left to eat at Sam's Club, of all places. You're guess is as good as mine, because that made no sense to me. While there, I found they were selling Shrek on DVD. It was a bundle pack. You got Shrek and the Shrek 3D movie that is showing at Six Flags. (Who knew theme parks were selling their 3D movies?) The best part, the price was a good deal. Twenty bucks. That's the cost of one DVD these day. I showed it to my sister, and she didn't approve. She said she only wanted the Shrek DVD and not the other one. I tried to talk her into how good a deal it was, but her hunger took over. The thing about my sister is that when she is not in a good mood or hungry, she becomes very frustrating to deal with and talk to. Compared to the fact that I'm just difficult period, that's not really a bad thing. Anyway, I was almost tempted to buy the DVD myself, but my mood at the time made me think rather brash and random. I opted to freeze my brain via an ICEE to help me think clearly. (Hey, I have a twisted sense of logic.) As I began to think out loud, my mother got frustrated with my inability to make up my mind and gave me $10 to figure things out faster.

I ended up not buying the DVD bundle. The lack of interest in what the consumer market has out there gave me just cause.

At least now I'm $10 richer.

No comments: