Thursday, May 27, 2004

Lord of the Rings: Return of the Art Hacker

I decided, mostly because I was bored, to watch the last installment of the Lord of the Rings movie. In the process, I found myself taking screen captures of the movie, mainly whenever Orlando Bloom or Elijah Wood got a "hero shot." Go figure. After all, I do have a think for cute blonds as well as cute actors.

After sitting through that three hour movie, I found myself going back into the Kodak Picture CD-ROM program that was put in here. I began messing around with several of the pictures I took of the movie.

I haven't done anything like this in over three years. Back then, I called what I did with all the filters just now "Art Hacking." I wasn't actually hacking art in the literal sense of the word, whichever definition of the word "hacking" it is you wish you use. In all honesty, all I did, for the most part, was run the pictures through several filters and the like. I rare, if ever, actually had a hand in manipulating the picture. This was all back in the day when I had PhotoShop.

Anyway, here are some of my Art Hacks for your critique. Feel free to be brutal.














(He's so adorable in this one, it's just frightening)


(I like the contour lines in this one, personally.)



By the way, these will only be up for a little while. If my bandwidth goes over for the month, they will be replaced with an image saying that my bandwidth is over the limit. I may also delete them off the server to make room for more pictures, whatever those may be. Either way, you won't be able to see the pictures for forever. I suggest that if you like any of them to save them now. They will be gone one way or another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last two look very artsy. Playing with filters can be fun. One fun program is Painter Classic that comes with the Wacom Tablet - I used it to paint some of my pictures. Some of the results were good.
-firemind(firemind2.blogspot.com).