Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Flood of Memories

I was on YaoiHell.com the other night when I found a manga that sent my memory banks into overdrive.

I found a manga called MAIDROID, or something like that. It was set in a time not too far from now when people could order anatomically correct humanoid robots. They required no food, only electricity to power their battery via a cord and plug that comes out of their head. Think of it like plugging into The Matrix, only the plug isn't put in you because you have a cord sticking out of your head with a plug at the other end. The android also had a control panel on the back just below the neck that wouldn't show unless the power was off. When it was on, you couldn't tell if there was one or not. Other odd things included a hat that was part of his head. The two parts of the hat were a phone and a small computer. It is also obviously suppose to be a "pleasure bot." I'll let the pictures say why.







Anyway, after flipping through this yaoi manga, I started to remember someone and his little "Frankenstein" project. Yes, I'm alluding to the fact that I know someone that is actually trying to make a Maidroid. Or rather, a house boy bot. Same idea, same purpose, same target audience for that matter. I'm almost surprised that he didn't find out about his comic. I know he didn't because he doesn't like anime. Hell, he doesn't like cartoons for the most part, except for maybe Scooby Doo, but that's only because he named one of his dogs Scooby.

Anyway, that got me thinking about what he said to me once. He said that once he was able to complete one, he would send one over to me to pick me up so that I could meet him in person. (Yeah, I know. That's not going to happen. I know.) He also said that the model he would send me would be everything I ever wanted out of a man. Blond, lean, boyish good looks. Being kind and obedient was going to be standard programming, as well as the option of being there for sexual needs.

The more I thought about it, the cooler it sounded to me, but then again, it was all just theory. I'm not even sure if he was able to do the project let alone get funding for it. (Okay, that's a lie.) Yeah, I would love to have the perfect and most advanced sex toy this side of the year 2000. Who wouldn't? The droid would do everything you want it to do while you were away, and when you needed to be pleased, there it was waiting for your command! Still, knowing me, I'd end up getting too dependent on it. What if it breaks down? Then what will I do? See where I'm going with this?

After thinking about "The Doc" as he is now known by his circle of friends, I started to think about David and his effort to put me back in said circle.

David is a nice guy. I love him to death. The last thing I want to do to him is hurt him, but apparently I have. I've freaked him out several times, but yet he still stuck by me knowing that I deserve more than what I have going for me.

In the end, though, I did nothing but hurt him. I probably made him feel a very heavy regret for even trying to put me back in the circle that I was once in. All he wanted was for me to have a really cool and close circle of friends. The kind of friends that would love you like family.

No one can love this asshole like family. Christina couldn't, even though she did say to her boss that she loves me like a brother. Bill couldn't, and he said the exact same thing several times! I wonder how my sister does it, sometimes, but then I remember that we live on other sides of the house. At least, until she goes off to college in Virginia.

Everyone I've ever talked to, even on Gaia and Neopets, always tell me to start loving myself and people will love me back. My sister even tried something Michael did to her. Every time I said one negative thing, I had to think of four positive things. To be honest, she asked me to do the impossible. With that last sentence, I now owe her eight positive thoughts. Not the kind that make me happy like little kittens and tips to Walt Disney World, but actual things about me that make me happy. I don't know. How does that work exactly? How does loving yourself make other people love you more?

No comments: