Monday, March 31, 2003

Wow, today was a pretty good birthday for me.

When I woke up, I was greeted with a task to do. Get online! My mother had already called Comcast. They said that all we needed to do was plug it in and it will take care of the rest. "It" meaning WindowsXP. Well, for some reason, that didn't happen. I ended up calling tech support to find out what it was that kept screwing this up. What ended up happening was that there was a connection problem due to an overlooked LAN line connection. Go figure.

So let's see. Now that I'm back online, what is there to blog about today?

Today's birthday gift was from my sister. May I meantion that it was the only gift today? Anyway, it was the Who Framed Roger Rabbit Special Edition DVD! It is loaded with goodies and fun stuff! I don't think it's DVD-rom compatable, but it's nice to know that I don't have to go upstairs to my parents room to watch it.

Another "gift" was a phone call from Watkins. It appears that they had everything but my referances. Since the deadline is tomorrow, I kind of got worried a bit. We went down to Overton and checked with Mrs. Buck, an old teacher of mine that I've been quite fond of. It turned out that she sent it last week, so it should have been at Watkins. To make a long story short, the letter turned up later this afternoon. Waktins's Dean of Admissions called us up after we visited to see if they got it in the mail today. They didn't get today's mail untill after we left.

While at Overton, we were talking about various people with Mrs. Buck. She brought up a guy named Woody. Now, Woody is this really cool guy. He's a bit of a goofball, but in a cool way. The part about him that makes me feel like I have a kinship with him is the fact that he is an artist like me. So what about Woody did Mrs. Buck bring up? Apparently, he's in the marines. He's going to get sent over to Iraq. Woody is a good kid, and I would hate to see someone like him sent over there needlessly. Besides, call be greedy, but I was hoping to see him in Watkins.

Anyways, since I have the computer for tonight, I need to go reset a few things I did last night because I thought I wouldn't have this computer for long.

No comments: