Sunday, March 23, 2003

Today was a nice trip down memory lane. A psudo-escape. Why? Cause I went to OpryMills (or, as my sister calls it, ShOpryland)!

Seeing how it's been ages since we last went, I went around the different parts to see what's still around and what left and what relocated. Not much has changed.

For old time sakes, I went to Jillian's and dropped five bucks into their game machines. Now, my once empty card has 120 points left. After playing DDR and not getting any kind of crowd, I walked back to the food court. On the way, I did some math. Well, what I was trying to figure out was how much I got ripped off. Hey, I know Jillian's Game Room is nothing but a big rip off! But, damn, they got great foot traffic. So in my mind, I found out that since every dollar I used gave me 600 game points, that would mean for every penny I would get about 6 point. Having 120 points left, that would mean that I would have really 20 cents since I would have to divide the 120 by 6 to find out how much money I would have left. So, since I dropped five bucks in, I technically spent the equivalent to $4.80 at their arcade. I only played DDR three times, since the max I could play it was three times on five bucks. So divided that up and the game was worth $1.60 a pop!! The one at Tilt is only 75 cents a play! To make sure my math was right, I multiplied the amount spent per play by 6 since that is the number of game points per penny. The number ended up being 960, the number of points you need to have on your card to play! And the idiot behind the counter said that there is no way to find out how much how many points I can get from change.

Problem: 5.00-x=y/3=z
Check: z*a=b*100=960
Given: 120/a=d*0.01=x; a=600/100

120/6=20*0.01=0.20=x
5.00-0.20=4.80/3=1.60=z
1.60*6=9.60*100=960


So, even though I was grilling my brain with that lovely equation, I was bored when I arrived at the food court an hour before I was suppose to. So, being bored, I decided to people watch. Hey, it's an interesting past time of mine. So I watched and observed what was going on around me.

Apparently someone was recording a demo on the Make-your-own-CD booth. How could I tell? Well, the guy that was with the lady was very well dressed and was always on his cell.

Kiosk workers but have the most boring job. The one at the Zoomcopters (a boomerange-like helicopter that you lauch from a pull-string launcher) was so bored that he let passing kids try their hand making the toys come back around. The one selling New York style sunglasses was checking for zits one moment and then playing a GBA game the next! Both had looks of boredom that were screaming that they want to just go home.

A bunch of teenie boppers apparently decided to make the Centripicle Force Coin Well (you know the kind, the one where they ask what coin rolls faster down the well to make you drop your loose change into it?) a meeting place. I have never seen such a collection of pink tops, pastel-colored shopping bags, and hot air in one location since the Balloon Fair in Oregon. For those of you that don't know what I"m talking about, it's kind of like a fair with food, cheap goods, and hot-air balloons.

Three Asian girls walked by, two in hats. All three could look like my sister.

When I was about to fall asleep, my chair was kicked by my sister who was out looking for a prom date with her friend. While she was talking about how she failed in her quest, the Kiosk guy at the sunglasses stand took a break for lunch. He walked by our table we were sitting at and nodded at me! Not my cute-as-a-button sister. Me! What was that about? Now, I'm not complaining. They guy was cute in that tall and lankey prep kind of way. I'm just surprized that it happened. As my sister's conversation with me went on, she became distracted with the fact that the guy sat at the table next to us and had steak fries. I think it was more the steak fries, because my sister wanted to go over there and mooch some off. Oddly enough, the guy was looking our way every so often. Interesting, huh?

However, that didn't make my day. You want to know what made it? Well, Monday I wrote and submitted an article about the Adventure Generator that Neopets has up. I got into this weeks issue by Wednesday. What made my day is that when the issue went public, my article was on the front page of the Neopian Times. Who knew I was front page material?

No comments: