Thursday, March 27, 2003

I just came back from my walk/job-hunt.

I hit up the Mapco gas station first. Kevin told me that gas stations are always hiring somone, normally for the night shifts, in Washington. I figured the same would apply down here. Well, it does, but the sad thing is I have to be 21 to work at any of those places. Beer law.

I, then, hit up the old Wal-Mart seeing how their peak season ended. Lucky me, they were hiring! They were only looking for Cashier, Unloaders, and Cart-Pushers, but at least that's something!

Across the street, Kroger was expanding and remodeling. With the added space they were going to gain, that meant they needed more employees. The guy at Customer Service gave me an application, even though they are looking for Photo Lab only for now. He said that with the remodeling going on, it may be a while (a month is what he said) untill they will start hiring for other positions. Still, it couldn't hurt to fill one out.

I then went to H. G. Hills and asked there. They gave me the same answer as last time. Accepting but not hiring. I got another application from them anyways.

Well, at least it was better than the last time I did it so-many-months ago. I mean, only one place in the area that I went to said that I can't work for them.

I thought about James while I was walking and what I did to him last night. I feel like a compleate ass. I plan on apologizing, but I fear that maybe it's too late for that. After all, Andrew did say that I shut the door on that one. You're not suppose to shut it compleately. You're suppose to leave it open a little. That's what Andrew told me.

No comments: