Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Two things. One saddening and the other something learned.

The first thing in this entry a dream I had.

Andrew and I were going to what can only be called a swim park. It's like a skate park, only with pools. He was going to go swiming with me, but somehow I kept getting ranggled into the main pool no matter how much I wanted to be with Andrew. When I was able to get to him, he told me straight out that he would rather surf than swim with me. Fast forward in the dream, litterally. I went into one of those weird power modes and liquifited into this fast moving puddle to escape where I was trapped. I started wondering looking for the surfing pool. I pasted by little kiddie rides and then found my way to the parking lot. Knowing that was wrong, I turned around and entered what was first thought to be a parking garage. It was actually this food court like area with a huge ocean like pool up above with a see-through bottom. I could tell that must be the surfing pool. I looked for a way up, but got lost and ran into a security gaurd. I tried to ask where the surfing pool was, but no matter how hard I tried, he just didn't cooperate. He just assumed I was this juvinile looking for something to trash or something. His female parter on duty seemed to pity me while the jerk was being a bitch.

The second thing is something that I stumbled upon that explains why I play video games.

It seems that TechLIVE did another report on the relationship killing game Everquest. It turns out that the reason some people turn to video games like Everquest, especially in these relationship ruining cases, that there is something extremely wrong in that person's relationship! Something so wrong that it takes away all the happiness and good feeling from it. So they turn to fantasies and games to make them feel better.

I hope these two aren't interconnected, but I think they are.

Russ said that there are no such things as friends since no one really cares about you. Maybe the fact that it's bothering me caused the dream. Andrew was always a good friend to me. Knowing how I am, being cool with it. Hell, maybe he's one of those people that turely care when he says that he cares about me. I'll probibly never know now.

Well, now I figured out why I'm playing Pokemon. The game where you always have a friend at your side and in your pocket.

No comments: