Saturday, January 29, 2005

Why Electronic-Loading Cameras Are Better

I had a feeling while I was doing my Black & White Photo class that I was doing something wrong. I was right.

After going through what I thought was two rolls of film, I was bothered by the fact that rewinding my film took shorter than normal. The film also felt like it was fighting me when it was trying to advance. I didn't think much of this at first with the first roll. In fact, I just threw it out as being odd. The second roll had the same problems.

That's when I went and opened up a third roll. I turned off anything that made any distracting sound and proceeded to load the camera as best I could. That way, I could hear the click the leader makes when it pops out of the other reel when you rewind it.

Then I found the problem. I didn't load the camera. There is a high chance that those two "rolls" I took were really just one really over-exposed frame.

This is putting my manties in a bunch. I now have to go through two more rolls, properly loaded this time, and get all my shots in by Monday. Time to take pictures of traffic again causing people to slow down thinking I'm an undercover cop taking speed readings with a camera-shaped radar gun.

1 comment:

Leggy Pee said...

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! Manties!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!