Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ian

Last night, I talked to Ian on a level that I never had before. I felt we made a definite connection.

Apparently, we are both artists in one fashion or another. He knows that artists can get really sensitive at times of stress and frustration, as was my case last night. He kept telling me to hold my head high. He did his best to cheer me up, giving me compliments like how trendy my last name is and how he can see it being the name of a really high-class gallery someday.

Most of all, he babied me.

Everyone I ever talked to whenever I was in an emotional panic as I was last night never did that. Leo would leave me because he doesn't want to deal with the drama. David would just get frustrated and eventually do the same thing. Just not as quick as Leo would. Bill would just tell me to get my shit together and shut the fuck up. Sam would probably follow suit. I could only guess what the rest of them would do.

Since I woke up this morning, I've had two things on my mind. The first of which was getting those damn rolls done before Monday and bringing in all four rolls to see what the hell I should do with them. The second was how nice and sweet Ian was to me.

I should make a mental note to ask for him the next time I'm in that state of mind.

No comments: