Saturday, January 15, 2005

No Night Shots

As the sun went down, David signed on. We talked, but it wasn't one of the better conversations we've had.

When I noticed it was dark out, I decided to sign off and take a few pictures in the dark. Bad move.

I couldn't see my meter inside my camera. Apparently it is so old that this model doesn't have anything that glows or light up inside. This makes my meter impossible to see. I had to guess and experiment as to shutter speed and f-stop settings. All I know is that it was the smaller numbers in order to get the most light on the film given the conditions. I know I probably over-exposed one frame.

I was only able to take three shots because of how cold it was outside. That and the fact that I was having my shutter open for a whole second at least. I was starting to shiver, so I know the pictures will have a lot of shaking motions.

I came inside to warm up and as I was about to get a bowl of my dad's chili, my sister called my cell phone. I brought it with me thinking I'd be out all night looking for dramatic lighting, but there isn't much of that where I live. It's either too bright or too dark. Makes me wish I lived in a theme park.

Anyway, my sister called saying she was going to check the EBGames at Virginia for me if there was a PS2. I told her that she didn't have to buy it for me. I mean, I already spent too much money on school, and she needs to spend that much if not more for her school needs as well. A PS2 can wait. But she insisted. She agreed to not buy it, adding that she thinks our mom won't let her buy it. Mom's been acting like a dick lately, but I deal. I mean, she claimed all the good shots I took with the camera's last roll of film before my class were all Dad's pictures!

I then left to get a bowl of chili as my sister left to see if she wanted to buy a shirt in a store that was the host to a screaming child I could hear over the phone.

Going back to the comment about me wishing I lived in a theme park. I've seen a lot of shots on MouseInfo.com featuring some of the best amateur photographing possible. There is such a variety of scenery in all of the Disney parks, it's no wonder why Kodak is one of their biggest partner sponsors. I know after this class, I'll eventually be able to take pictures just as good as the ones I've seen, but right now I wish there was a location close to where I lived just as beautiful. It's the dead of winter, and all the trees look like they would make better fire wood than photograph subjects. Too bad I don't live anywhere near Disneyland and is an Annual Pass holder.

Oh well, I guess it's back to taking pictures of the traffic tomorrow then.

No comments: