Thursday, January 06, 2005

Confident Yet Sensitive

My sister came home and stormed her way upstairs while I was trying to welcome her home after going around doing whatever. Several minutes later while I was fixing a two-cheese grill cheese sandwich, she was crying and talking to my mom.

I don't like it when my sister cries. When she cries, a part of me hurts. Worst still is that she won't open up to me so I can help her feel better. She just builds walls higher and thicker than my own. The only difference is that her walls are temporary.

There is just something about her crying that always rubbed me the wrong way. She's always come off as strong, happy, and so full of confident. Her crying and looking so weak cases me to want to know what is wrong and try to make it better. There is just something about her crying that never sat well with me because of her personality. Her personality I've always admired and wish I had.

She won't tell me what is bothering her, but I hope it isn't the fact that she has to go back to Virginia for the next few months for the Spring Semester.

1 comment:

Leggy Pee said...

i hope your sister is ok. maybe it was just boy trouble. hopefully nothing serious.