Saturday, January 22, 2005

I Feel the Need to Complain

I was planning on going box hunting later in the day. I was planning on enjoying a darker and action oriented Pokemon movie while trying to complete my Figure Study homework during the commercial breaks.

Plans do not go as they were planned with me.

Because of the driving conditions of the day, I wouldn't be able to get my box unless if left after watching only the first 30 minutes of the movie. On the way, we found out about the box crushing policy that every retail store has. Our last hope was the storage and moving places.

Eventually, we found out that no one has any use for the size of box I need, and that the best I could do is either a wardrobe box or two TV boxes. I opted for the two TV boxes.

By the time I got back, I had missed an hour of the movie. More than what I wanted to miss. I turned it on just to see where they were. Apparently, they were at the climax of the film, but without the build up to the point, I felt indifferent to the story.

It was only an hour, but I've already had enough happen within that time frame to make me feel like I'm going to have a bad day.

Why am I such a push over? Why do I sacrifice my personal enjoyment for education and the fact that I'm overly dependent on other people? Why do I do these things?

I'll never know.

No comments: