Saturday, January 29, 2005

What is it about her?!

Outings with my mother always leave me in a bitter mood when they end. Okay, maybe always was too strong of a word, but most of the time this is the case.

The last hour, all I needed was to get two things. She was my driver for the day. She complicated things.

She wanted to do me a favor and bring me to Centennial Park to take pictures for my Black & White class. I told her that wasn't needed because of the assignment. I am suppose to take pictures of things in motion and objects that I've abstracted because of how I positioned them in the frame. She didn't get it.

What she did get was that I wasn't enjoying her company. When we got to the first fabric store (which was closed), she could tell that I was growing more and more angry the longer she talked to me about things that I didn't care about. I just wanted to get my supplies and go home to do the other works I have had assigned to me. After that point, we pretty much grew silent and did what I wanted to originally do.

So here I am, listening to Puffy AmiYumi on Yahoo! LAUNCHCast because I'm too cheap to buy the CD trying to relax and wondering why this kind of shit rarely happens with my dad.

When my dad and I go places because I need this and that, it's normally just that. We go from point A to point B and not complicate things by looking at other things and doing the other favors. It's a rather nice arrangement, really. I just wish my mother was like that with me sometimes.

1 comment:

Leggy Pee said...

men are just different from women. it's as simple as that. we're all retarded in our own way.