Saturday, January 15, 2005

Cold and Broke

They weren't kidding when they said that I would spend about $300 extra on Black & White!

My dad took me to Dury's to pick up all the things I needed by Wednesday. Naturally, I was one of the last people to get what is needed, so the employees there were familiar with what I needed and where everything was. One of the benefits to biding your time, I guess.

The total cost took all $200 I was given for Christmas as well as the $25 I had for buffer money. Thing is, I was short by about $70. My dad covered it, but that meant both of us now don't have cash in either one of our wallets. I'm not kidding you. Both of us don't even have vending machine money in our pockets.

When I reviewed my list, I learned that I don't really need the combination lock until Wednesday. It's for my locker. The books, on the other hand, I needed sooner than later. I crossed out the page protector sleeves because the negative sleeves I bought have those included for my contact sheets.

The books I need were not available. In fact, the required text I need for Philosophy is, well, unavailable in the worst way possible. I would say that it is out of print, but it isn't. I was only able to find one store that was able to order the books I needed. So, hopefully, in about 2 - 3 weeks, I'll be able to get read what I should have read already. I did find my Black & White text, however, so all was not lost.

After setting everything up, I grabbed my Neopets Pocket Notebook to log the settings of my shots. I picked a bad time to go out and take pictures. Too much light. My teacher said that it is okay to have the picture over-exposed, because we can always develop it darker. The amazing thing about film is that the data is there when you over-expose the picture but isn't when you under-expose it. I got about 15 frames in before I started to get cold.

Besides, day shots are not my thing. For some reason, I find the most interesting and dramatic lighting at night.

Thank God I have Monday off. More time to do work!

No comments: