Monday, January 24, 2005

Protesting and Bake Sale

The first images I saw when I walked into the school today were of several students. They were protesting during Bush's big day the other day or so. Yes, they were identified and plastered in various parts of the campus hallway to show how cool they were.

In all honesty, getting your picture in the paper is really a cool thing. You're immortalized. You become part of written history and are forever remembered for whatever you do, good or bad (and in most cases, really bad). Sure, you could be cutting back on the whole "Fifteen Minutes of Fame" thing, but who wants to be famous when you can become immortal?

On the way out of my sculpture class, Erin, the shop tech, and some other students had set up a Bake Sale table. The petition I signed last week is the main center piece of the table (which reminds me, I should have blogged about the last few days more than I really did. A lot things happened, like my first dark room experience and finding out my philosophy book was cancelled). They had a wide assortment of goodies for no more than $3! Makes me wish I had money right now. I have no idea what the money will be going towards, but I do know why there is one going on. Terry and the whole controversy about him not coming back to the school after this semester. (It's kind of obvious when you have a big student chalk board with the words "SAVE TERRY" written on it.)

I'm told that I'll be receiving more information on the ordeal as time goes on. For those of you that read this and are actually interested in what happens (outside of the ones that read this and actually go to my school, that is), make sure you stay tuned.

No comments: