Monday, March 24, 2008

12 Hour Studio Day

I don't know where to start.
I don't know what to say.

My mind finally has come down from a stressful race through my thesis paper that desperately tried to insert my art into the academic research into my overall subject.

I don't feel any better.
I don't feel any worse.

I blink and it feels like I have no eyeballs in my sockets proving two things.

I don't know what I'm doing
I need to rest.

Sanity is slowly losing itself to general frustration due to a lack of direction, a lack of understanding, and, not surprisingly, a new obstacle I never thought of until now.

From one big question to another.
What does my art mean to me?

Does it mean anything to me?

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

This blog post is a poem -- a very good poem.

I think that most young people who do serious thinking finally ask: Does it mean anything to me?

It is very disconcerting to discover that the thing in which we have invested so much is no longer the central focus of our interest but that doesn't mean that it isn't important.

Perhaps you should also try asking:
What does my art NOT mean to me?

Robert