Friday, July 16, 2004

Things Break

God, I really need to read the news.  Blogger just changed their GUI (Graphic User Interface) again!
 
Anyway, today I thought I would be tie dying with a bunch of kids that I could easily trip over in the House of God.  Apparently, I got the wrong impression.  I was there doing preparation work for the actual event that doesn't happen until next Tuesday night.  So, what was I doing there?  I was folding and rolling and holding together shirts with rubber bands galore!  And I nearly cut my fingernail off by the roots in the process.  Remember, rubber bands can kill you.
 
With the help of the other, most of us finished by noon, so once I was done, I walked a good mile (maybe) to the mall.  Once there, I called up mom and told her what the deal was.  A ride arrangement was made, and it looks like I'll be going to help the little children of the church Tuesday night.  Once that was finished, I waited until the lunch rush was done to get myself a Big Mac.  For some reason, every time I order a one by myself, I always end up getting the one that is never assembled right!  You know, the kind where you pick it up to take a bite and the middle slides out of the sandwich like a well lubricated pig?  I also got the shaft on the Mello Yello I ordered as well.  It was mostly water.  So much for lunch. 
 
I then spent the rest of the time wondering around the mall.  I actually went into the bookstore there looking for the Harry Potter text books to see how much they cost.  Both books come together in a cardboard box, and both books are the hard cover version.  Not a bad deal for $12, which I didn't have at the time.
 
Flash forward to about 19:00.  I finished dinner early, and I needed something to do.  Because I was able to keep a leftover plaster candle holder the church youth director found, I decided to paint, and then destroy, the little plaster fish.  After painting it with the care and detail that I am (not) known for, I then melted an entire candle over it.  It came out rather nice, but I have all this unused matte board space now.  My aunt is thinking about getting me some colored candles to break and then torch.
 
Speaking of things breaking, just now when I was fixing a late night snack, the microwave decided it was going to go on a break as well!  I turned it on to make some Ramen, only to be greeted by a loud noise and the smell of burning rubber.  I told my aunt, and then cooked the noodles the old fashion way.  That's right, I used a damn pot.
 
Ironically, given all that has happened--or in some cases not happen, the only thing that hasn't broke yet is my mood.  Wish I could say the same thing for my wallet, but hell, I was never good with money anyway.

1 comment:

Leggy Pee said...

you did get a good deal on those books!