Saturday, July 10, 2004

Bush Speaks Out Against Gay Marriage... Again

From Yahoo! News:

"A great deal is at stake in this matter," Bush said. "For ages, in every culture, human beings have understood that traditional marriage is critical to the well-being of families. ... And changing the definition of traditional marriage will undermine the family structure."

If by traditional marriage he means marrying only to procreate and/or please aging family members so they can die knowing they have grandchildren only to divorce later either because they were never really in love; for money; or for both, then by all means please protect the definition of traditional marriages. If he means marriage between strictly a man and a woman, well, I know about three--maybe five--gay couples who are married that will obviously be pissed off about it to the point where one of them will use his hunting and gunnery knowledge to their fullest advantage if he can't get him politically.

Oh, and on the subject of every culture understanding the would link to a family's well-being. Someone obviously didn't tell Bush that several marriages way back before we developed civil and individual rights were set up long before the child even knew what marriage was. Sure, it may be only with the royalties of the days when knights fought dragons, but hell, I bet even those families were never as good as the stories make them.

Call me crazy, but the traditional idea of marriage is lost in romanticism. Everyone believes that once you are married, it's like you're off to the happily-ever-after land that your mom told you when you were in bed. What he, and what I think most Republicans want, is nothing more than an idealistic view of what marriage should be as they see it written by, who else, God.

It was the second time this week the Republican president raised the subject of gay marriage as his campaign tried to focus on social issues, including the abortion debate.

Although Bush announced his support in February for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, he has rarely mentioned it until the last few days.


Oh, I wonder why? Maybe it has something to do with a certain election coming up.

Bush's presumptive Democratic rival, John Kerry, opposes a constitutional ban, saying the issue of whether to allow gay marriage should be left up to the states.

What this doesn't say is that Kerry doesn't like the idea of Civil Unions either. Neither party is winning my vote as of right now.

Also, as far as my state goes, they already made up their mind as far as what Kerry wants. Last I heard about the debate, gay marriages are a big NO in the state of Tennessee, as well as amendment to the law saying that out of state unions, both civil unions and same-sex marriages, will not be recognized in the state. That means there won't be any tax benefits or whatever else comes with marriage.

Can you tell I'm blindly ignorant with rage about this subject?

The constitutional amendment would need approval by two-thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives and then would have to be ratified by 38 states. Even supporters admit they do not have the support of half of the 100 senators.

That's still too many for my liking.

This news report makes me so upset, I almost want to blow up all of D. C. just to feel better. And believe me, I know how to do it without getting caught. I might have published how to in this blog for all I know! (By the way, if I did and some idiot actually does end up pulling it off, chances are good it won't be me but I will be the indirect cause thanks to my leak of information.) I've never felt this much hatred to anyone before in my life, at least not to the point where I actually want to kill them and see them die.

Land of equality.

Bullshit.

Land of equal opportunity.

Fuck that.

This country makes me more and more sick the more I see news like this. The only thing that makes me wish I was dead is the fact that I can't do anything about it even if I was a registered voter.

Why?

Oh, I've seen how the world works first hand. Thanks to Andrew and Dan and James and Josh and Leo and Bill, I know just how it really works now.

The people that run the world are the rich and powerful. They are the ones that think they know what the people want, what the people need, but instead they give them what the people want to hear and only that! They go about bettering themselves to make sure they are on top and still in control any way they can, even if that involves underworld ties to the still-active-but-silent mafia and mobs that Hollywood loved to make films of. Oh, I know that all to well. The political campaigns where you buy votes from key organizations instead of having the people vote for who they feel will do the better job. Instead they vote for the person that lines their pockets with dead presidents.

Thank you, America. Thank you for making me a second-class citizen in a country that claims to be equal to everyone. Thank you for proving to me that blacks do belong in prisons and fast food chains. Thank you for proving to me that us "yellow-babies" belong in quickie marts and dry cleaners. Thank you for proving to me that the beaners belong in construction and auto mechanics. Thank you for proving to me that the women belong in the kitchen. Thank you for proving to me that only the rich and the cunning and the ruthless will get the American dream you promised so many people.

Thank you, America, Land of Oppression and Home of the Rich White Christians.

No comments: