Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Registration Day

Just got back from signing up in all my classes, and the money problem that ensued.

The actual signing up part was easy. I forgot that I signed up for Printmaking, but the good news is I don't really have to take it if I don't want to. On top of that, given the change in how they price tuition now, it's cheaper.

The money portion was the problem. I went to Regina in Financial Aid to figure out if my mom did her worksheet right. Turns out she didn't. She forgot about a processing fee that came with the loan. As a result, we have to pay just a little bit more. Not a big deal, right? Wrong.

Before I even set foot back in Watkins, my mother gave me a voided check for the installment payment plan and a fully filled out one with what she thought the total would be. The check came out short, and because she was in a meeting that she couldn't get out of (not to mention not present), the Business office had no choice but to split the difference between the monthly installments. That means, on top of my mom writing the wrong number on the check, she also figured out the wrong amount total for this semester.

Funny thing is, my mom works in Payroll and has been for as long as I can remember. You would think that a certified APA member would know these things. Oh well, it wasn't like she wasn't off by a whole grand or something.

Upon returning home, I got a message confirming that tomorrow at 10:30 I go to the dentist to have my filling put in.

Then on Friday, I have to teach a bunch of church kids how to tie dye. This would be more enjoyable if it weren't for the fact that my mother signed me up for it without consulting me about it.

No comments: