Friday, July 09, 2004

Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them - A Review of Harry Potter's (Used) Text Book

I was right. This was an interesting read.

I just finished reading the first of two of Harry Potter's text books available for the Muggle world to read. Forty-two pages in three hours. (What? I'm a slow reader!)

As far as content, the book is pretty much like a text book. It is in a very simple and easy to read format and organized as if Magizoology was an actual class. Out of context of the Harry Potter world, it also is a great quick reference book for all of the mythical creatures that are in both popular fiction and in the Harry Potter world.

I also found the notes of Ron and Harry very humorous. They were used accordingly with most of the key plot points in the books and films thus far from my understanding. My favorite note involves a conversation between Harry and Ron over what happened to Ron's Puffskein.

I can't wait for the History of Quiditch text book to come back into the library's inventory. If it is anything like this book, it will be just as entertaining, and probably just as informative.

No comments: