Wednesday, July 07, 2004

My Day with My Sister

Today, I spent the entire day with my sister. Quite on accident, I can assure you.

First on the list was a quick trip to Watkins to turn in my (late) forms. Thankfully, they didn't rip my head off for being late. While there, I thought I'd try get my registration date changed to an earlier slot, but Terry wasn't there to give him his scrawl of approval. So I'm still out of luck in that department.

The next stop was to pick up mom for lunch. Nothing special there that would promote any kind of interesting read or contribute to any on-going "plots" in my life as of right now. However, we did find what has to be the cheese dip from Heaven in a nice little Mexican restaurant.

After a miscommunication involving a car situation, we eventually got home, and I spent some time decorating my current Zoo Tycoon game, of which I'm still not done as far as building goes.

Then came the bulk of my adventure.

I spent the rest of my day with my sister at her work place. Yesterday, she told me that her boss was looking to add some color to the place, and I perked up like never before at the idea of a potential sale. (I later found out that there is a job in the art world called "Assignment Artist," which is pretty much anyone that creates art when people want it. Go figure that is where I seem to belong.) I went along to see what exactly the place was like and what it could need. I felt bad because they had some really nice old black-and-white photos from when this state was mostly a rural state with dirt roads. Still, there is very little to no color in the entire main sitting area. It is just white dry wall and bricks painted over with white house paint. It's rather ordinary. So, while my sister worked, I sat in the corner drawing and trying to figure out if I could even sell anything that had color. It was around this time that I found out my figurative worked sucked, and always have sucked. Meanwhile, my mathematical abstract and Cubism works looked more like art if nothing else. Around this realization, I remembered my only two colored pieces. So, tomorrow, I'll be bringing them over for my sister's boss to check out if he wants to buy them.

Given how my summer has been, this has been the most exciting day as well as most eventful so far. We'll see if tomorrow nets me any cash.

No comments: