Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Orange Fingers and Tired Feet

What a day!  I'm bushed.

I went to church to help out with the tie dying they were doing with the little kids.  Little did I know what kind of mess I would get in.

When I first arrived, no one was around except for the key adults that had to help set up several things.  I helped prepare the tie dye mix, which made my hands change from red to yellow and any hue in between.  Somewhere along the line, the color settled at a pumpkin orange.  This sort of messed up the shirts when I handed them out, but not by much.  After all, I was dealing with mostly kindergartners.  Most of them wanted their shirts as soon as they were done dying them, which was impossible seeing as how the person that knows the ins and outs of the project left for softball practice.

While handing out shirts, my cell phone took a dive into the tub of water.  Yes, I am now officially without a clock.  First my watch strap broke, which I have yet to replace, and now my back-up clock takes a quick swim!  It's not like it is a big loss anyway.  No one calls me on my cell phone, which is why I use it primarily as my clock.  I'm letting it dry overnight.  If it doesn't work tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can't get a replacement.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have this very strong feeling I'm going to be stuck in bed playing Pokemon on my GBA SP.  Why?  Because all I did today was run back and forth with tubs of water, shirts, plastic bags, and everything in between as far as my tie dying duties go.  I rarely touched or spoke the entire time I was helping... which is just the way I like it.

So, did I have fun?  That's a matter of opinion, actually.  I didn't feel like it was a chore, but at the same time I didn't know that I was working half the time.  It didn't feel like I was volunteering, but at the same time it would have been nice if I got paid.  It's kind of a strange compromise, actually.  If anything, I'm neutral about the whole experience.

Damn it!  I just realized that I forgot to claim my own shirt and some candles for an art project I'm doing!  Oh well, once I feel like walking again, I need to visit Wal-Mart for a box frame and candles.

I'm beat.  I'm going to spend the rest of my night on Gaia and then sleeping.

No comments: